Slideshow Widget

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!

Tuesday 5 August 2014

So it happened I joined the 30s club! I had an amazing Birthday week! and was very spoilt by my Husband. For my birthday present I was taken to London to See Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at Theatre Royal Drury Lane.

It is one of the best productions I have ever seen, the set design is astonishing and is perfect for all ages! I was still smiling a week after seeing it! You are unable to take pictures during the production, so I guess you will have to go see it for yourself. But before we went to see the production we visited One Aldwych to enjoy Charlie and the Chocolate Factory inspired Afternoon tea, if you go see the play you need to join it with the afternoon tea it will not disappoint. We sat in amazing high backed chairs that really set the mood, the afternoon tea starts with a range of sandwiches and finger foods..... they were delcious but nothing compared to the sweets that followed! We were presented with what can only be described as a feast! (picture taken from One Aldwych website)
'decadent golden eggs to blueberry brioche and playful flavoured candy floss, every item reflects the wit and wonder of Roald Dahl's classic tale' This experince was amazing I highly recommened going to see the show and booking in for the afternoon tea before hand! Here are few pictures of paul enjoying his rhubarb and custard candy floss! and chocolate caramel milk.

Post a Comment

 
01 09 10