Slideshow Widget

Work in progress.

Saturday 14 May 2011

I have been working on some new ideas lately, with all this spare time on my hands I decided to look back at the ideas I had looked at, at university and create something fresh from it. A lot of my work at uni was related to the idea of sounds, objects and images that help evoke memories. One of my most favorite memories of my childhood was the seaside! I love been near the sea, everything about it makes me smile and I worked on images of the sea a lot on my degree to create installations. So I decided to produce some new pieces incorporating the seaside, my illustrations and along with my love of vintage patterns / fabric to create jewellery and here are the .... not so finished product!




I firstly did lots of illustrations (which meant a trip to the seaside!!! yeah) and then added various patterns, I then thought about what material to make these in...Wood?? Fabric?? Plastic and decided to try and work with shrink plastic. I have always worked with wood and fabric and fancied a change. This is the first time I have ever used shrink plastic so I have used quite a lot just to produce samples and see how the colours work and what size they need to be. Here are some images of the sampled fresh out of the oven!




I am still working on the sizing and the colour, but theses will hopefully be earrings. 


As well as the seaside one of my other favorite places is the woods and old railway lines near my mum and dads house. I used to spend so many long summer evenings making dens, picking blackberrys and making rose perfume, so here is a sneaky peek at how my woodland collection is coming along.

 
 

Post a Comment

 
01 09 10